𝗠𝗶𝘀𝗰𝗼𝗻𝗰𝗲𝗽𝘁𝗶𝗼𝗻𝘀 are our sworn enemies. They make us think that something is true and they paralyse our vision, when in reality it is only a prison that we created within ourselves according to popular sayings or rumours we hear. We all grew up with a quantity of preconceived ideas and we sometimes built ourselves around them, without realizing that they are not a truth. For example:
– You have to work hard in a job you don’t like
– To succeed in life you have to study and have a degree
– One must suffer to be beautiful
– Black cats are bad luck, etc.
Imbued with these misconceptions or what someone has told us, we also created some 𝘀𝘁𝗲𝗿𝗲𝗼𝘁𝘆𝗽𝗲𝘀 within ourselves and made a reality out of them:
– I can’t do it and success is for others
– I have bad grades at school so I will never be good for anything
– I am unlucky and I have all the weight of the world on my shoulders
– I’m overweight so I’m ugly
– No one will ever love me
Some of these misconceptions and stereotypes are so deeply inside us that it seems difficult to get rid of them. But again, this is just a misconception. By realizing them, acknowledging them sincerely, everyone is able to start the journey to get rid of them and the process of healing.
This is also what 𝗰𝗼𝗮𝗰𝗵𝗶𝗻𝗴 is for: discover our own misconceptions, break up with our inner enemies, conquer our fears and find our freedom.
Which stereotypes are affecting you?